More than 500 hours of higher education in yoga with modules 0-7
12 months to complete the certification with fully guided mentor support + feedback
Lifetime access to training modules
Optimization of your growth with accountability and assessments
Private online community with 24/7 support & additional live content
Submit tests, and recorded videos to mentors for personalized feedback
Certification upon completion and lifetime registry with TKYM
ANATOMY & ALIGNMENT
VINYASA, SEQUENCING & SUBTLE BODY
TEACHING TECHNIQUES, BUILDING A BUSINESS & BEING A PROFESSIONAL
THE ART OF ADJUSTMENTS & POST-TRAUMATIC GROWTH
PHILOSOPHY, HISTORY & THEMING
MEDITATION, MYTHS & MANTRAS
FINAL TEACHING CULMINATION
Yoga Alliance Registered Yoga School (RYS™)
Get Certified from Home (100% Online)
200/300/500hr Certification Options
There are no prerequisites for this course, and you need not be a yoga expert before registering. What we do ask is that you have at least some level of practice under your belt so you are familiar with basic postures and the flow of a vinyasa class, but you are also right at home if you are more advanced at yoga or have already taken a training. Much of what you find here fills in the gaps as it is comprehensive and designed to provide you with what you need to know to become an extraordinary teacher. It is also essential that you have a webcam, camcorder or video capability on your smartphone as well as a decent internet connection to access the course materials. Proficiency with English is recommended, as all instruction is given in English.
For the 200 hour course, we recommend completing the course in 3-4 months, but you have 6 months to complete your course material online with fully assisted mentor support & feedback (the 500 hour program gives you 12 months to complete with mentor guidance). Within that time, you can review the lectures, materials, interact with mentors, connect with other students and continue your knowledge as you progress through the course. After the certification process is complete, you have access to all the course content in a special section of our training site where you can review materials, connect with other graduates and further your education.
Upon successful completion of The Kaivalya Yoga Method Teacher Training at the 200, 300 or 500 hour levels, you are certified in The Kaivalya Yoga Method. We have a dedicated and searchable website for our certified teachers which feature your bio, teaching schedule, and contact information so the world can see that you’ve met our rigorous testing standards and demonstrated your ability to lead stellar classes for a wide variety of students.
This online program far exceeds the common standards of a 500 hour teacher training. Here’s how:
• Personalized guidance, review, and feedback of coursework and assignments
• Rigorous testing standards including video uploads of various teaching techniques (sequencing, adjusting, anatomy, cueing, dharma talks, meditation, chanting, etc.)
• ALL educators are 500++ hours trained in The Kaivalya Yoga Method and complementary techniques
• Classes, training and educators available around the clock, and for consult and review as many times as necessary
• Extensive body of knowledge covering all aspects of yoga & teaching technique that is viewable again and again at your convenience including:
• 100+ hours of training in anatomy for yoga: essential knowledge for all teachers
• Safe and effective hands-on adjustments techniques
• Principles of bhakti (devotional) yoga, chanting and mantra
• Thorough sequencing skills based on body mechanics and subtle body principles
• Feedback and review of your teaching practice throughout the course
• Business skills and insights into how to land jobs, market, start teaching and tailor instruction to various student demographics such as beginners and prenatal clientele
• Training in how to translate ancient practices including sacred texts, yogic mythology and philosophy to a modern audience
These are unique features that we are able to bring you given the online format of this program–a format that allows us to make teacher training available to those who would otherwise not be able to attend one–and does so without sacrificing the depth, breadth, and experience that immersing yourself in yoga offers. This course is Alanna’s previously-offered 200 and 300 hour live trainings….now offered online with expanded teachings, enhanced personal connection and feedback. It includes far more content than is ever possible in a live training format.
TKYM believes that the practice of yoga compels us to come together. Yoga literally means to yolk, or bring together. We ground our practice and learning in sacred texts like the Bhagavad Gita and the Yoga Sutras of Pantanjali. In the training, we discuss how we honor these texts and practices to prepare you to be the best spiritual leader you can be. Our online discussions and dive deeply into cultural appropriation and we are planning to do more. We also know that there is a huge lack of diversity in yoga. One way that we are standing in solidarity with diversifying yoga is through our Phoenix Rising Scholarship program. We are providing 5 scholarships each month for our 200-hour YTT to individuals from underrepresented populations including (in no specific order): BIPOC, LGBTQ+, Veterans, Survivors of abuse, and people who have disabilities. We are also taking steps to make sure that our website reflects the diversity of our community, and planning more community outreach and conversations to ensure that all of the members of our community feel seen, safe, and valued.
Courses in this program are done both on your own and interactively. You review the video and text content on your own schedule and at your own pace, and are required to complete video and written assignments, plus online testing as you move through the coursework. Our mentors review and grade each assignment and provide thorough and individualized feedback. You can also freely interact with the mentors, Alanna, and other students currently in the program throughout your coursework via the online campus community, which features regularly scheduled classes, workshops, and webinars. We are also available for support via email and chat.
This is a fully supported experience as our elite mentors work with you every step of the way toward your successful graduation.
You will need to make sure you have the following:
1. A webcam, camcorder, or video capture capability on your smartphone or other device as you will need to submit videos to us as part of your coursework.
2. A decent internet connection to be able to access the course materials.
3. You will need to purchase two books in addition to the price of the program: Sacred Sound and Myths of the Asanas. More info regarding this will be provided after registration.
4. Proficiency with English is recommended, as all instruction is given in English.
Yes, you can use your iPad or other mobile devices to complete this program.
Yes! We have payment plans for the 200, 300, or 500-hour programs where you are automatically billed monthly payments over 4 months. Simply choose the ShopPay payment plan option upon secure checkout. You can pay with a credit card during our secured checkout process. All pricing is listed in US dollars and payments will be automatically be converted to US dollars if you are paying with another currency.
In light of the current pandemic, Yoga Alliance now allows online learning as part of their registration process.
This means that you can register with Yoga Alliance upon graduating from The Kaivalya Yoga Method Academy online certification program.
This provision by Yoga Alliance is currently approved. It is our hope that this decision to allow online learning becomes permanent.
The Kaivalya Yoga Method Academy has always provided (and will continue to provide):
• Comprehensive content above and beyond Yoga Alliance Standards
• Certification upon completion of our 200-, 300-, and 500-hour programs
• Registration on our own site for certifiedteachers.yoga free of charge
If the Yoga Alliance registration element is important to you, then we strongly urge you to register and complete your training with us at this time.
To read the updates from Yoga Alliance, visit this page.
The Kaivalya Yoga Method Academy was the first online 500-hour teacher training program of its kind, and has been serving students since 2015. Alanna Kaivalya has been at the forefront of the movement to provide high-quality education for yoga professionals online.
When the online provision expires, and trainings are allowed to move back to studios, people who want to register with Yoga Alliance at that time will need to enroll in an in-studio program.
We will continue to follow this evolving topic and will continue to inform our students of updates and changes.
Yes! For the 200-hour program, you will need to purchase a password for the anatomy portion which is $37 (the password is complimentary in the 500-hour program).
For the 300 and 500-hour programs, you will need to purchase required texts for approximately $40 depending upon if you choose kindle, used, or new options.