A while back, I shared something deeply personal with you: I suffer from a chronic illness known as Hashimoto’s Thyroiditis. It is an autoimmune disorder that compromises the thyroid. 🦋
I know that I’m not alone.
Maybe you struggle with chronic illness or chronic pain of some form. And, if you’re lucky enough to be free from these things, then you certainly know someone who is not.
The statistics are staggering no matter how you look at them:
- Half of all adults suffer from a chronic illness at some point in their life.
- 100 million Americans suffer from chronic pain.
There are so many ways to work with and treat chronic disease.
But most people overlook one of the most important factors in resolving their health:
The emotional component.
Did you know that psychological triggers, emotional trauma, and unresolved stress can compromise you and lay the foundations for chronic pain or illness?
While the treatment we usually seek addresses the physical or physiological layers of the body, there is much more to us.
If we don’t delve into the deeper layers of our body–the emotional, psychological, and spiritual–we’re leaving ourselves open to continued stress…
…and continued disease.
In order to heal ourselves, we must heal the whole person. 💖
Including the often overlooked psychological and spiritual layers.
Not addressing those elements as part of our healing protocol is like only fixing up the outside of a house after a natural disaster. The inside is still in shambles, and who knows if the foundation is solid?
If we want our bodies to express something different (like health and wellbeing), then we must learn to recreate our truths; re-script our stories, and revise our belief systems.
Our bodies express the truth we carry inside.
Revising our truths may not fully heal our disease…but it certainly gives us a better chance to thrive, reclaim our health, and alleviate the stress of dealing with chronic illness (which ultimately makes it worse).
In this video below, you will learn:
- The underlying structures of chronic disease
- How the psyche plays an integral role in our physical well-being
- Practical tools to start working with your somatic experience (your mind/body connection)
- Ways to identify and unravel whatever triggers may be keeping you in a state of illness or pain.
Yoga Psychology: Unraveling the Emotional Roots of Chronic Pain & Illness
This topic is very close to my heart, and I’m excited to share my insights with you after years of personal experience, academic study and training, as well as developing techniques of my own that have changed the lives of clients around the world.
It’s time to heal ourselves. As always, I’m grateful 🙏 and happy 😀 you’re here with me, and my primary goal is to give you everything you need for your spiritual journey.
Links and Resources
*** JANUARY IS THYROID AWARENESS MONTH! FOR THESE 31 DAYS, YOU CAN SAVE $22 ON THE FOLLOWING 2 COURSES WHEN YOU USE THE CODE THYROID2022. LET’S MAKE THIS A YEAR OF HEALING! ***
- If you’re struggling with the ups and downs that symptoms of thyroid disease bring you, my Thyroid Healing Yoga for Waking Up Course is perfect for you. Check it out here.
- Or learn how you can use Pranayama or yogic breath work to reduce stress and alleviate the symptoms of thyroid disease. Check out my Thyroid Healing Yoga: Breathwork for Optimal Wellness course for easy-to-use practices that optimize wellness, clear your mind and balance your energy.
Keep reading about Thyroid Disease with Redefining Thyroid Healing: A Struggle and a Solution.
If you want to learn more about the Chakra’s sign up for my free training.
You can start your journey by registering for my 3-day Mini-Course that will introduce you to the Chakras.